Sunday, May 22, 2022

VSSM helps such elderly individuals in need by supporting a monthly ration kit and other expenses they incur...

Mittal Patel meets Hiteshbhai
                            
"As the wise saying goes – reap what you sow; I am enduring the results of my Karma. I once used to be a satta-matka gambler. I earned in lacs and was very generous with donations. But my occupation also ruined many families. The reason I am facing such difficult times is my bad Karma. Being a baniya I should never have got into such an illicit profession; unfortunately, I had lost my way." Hiteshbhai's voice choked as he narrated his current condition. I was seated in front of him but couldn't gather words to console him. Both of us remained in silence for a while. Finally, Hiteshbhai gained composure and began talking, "I became very ill; my blood sugar levels shot up. When one of my legs had to be amputated, I questioned my path and gave up my unlawful occupation. I continued to help others and gave away whatever why I had. The empty house and my brother are all I have now!" Hiteshbhai shares as he points at his autistic brother Alkeshbhai.

Given his mental condition, Alkeshbhai clings to Hiteshbhai,  like a child attached to his mother.

"I want him to pass on before I do. I won't be able to die in peace if I go before him." The brothers share a strong bond. 

Their economic condition is so bad that they cannot afford two meals a day, and both cannot work. So an arrangement is made at a Jain lodge where both could go and eat. But the dinner menu of khichri-kadhi was not fit for Hiteshbhai, who is diabetic. So he would buy Parath-sabji for Rs. 50-60 from a lodge in the neighbourhood. The sisters and nephews in the family also would help from time to time. But they still would fall short of money as there were medical expenses to support.

Looking at their condition and need, we had increased the support from Rs.. 1400 to Rs. 2500. "I am a baniya by birth, and I should be giving, not receiving. But this is enough!" Hiteshbhai responded when asked if the amount would be sufficient.

Hitesbhai believes in serving all living beings, he has arranged for water and feed for the  birds in front of his house, if some organisation donates food for cows, he takes the responsibility of feeding them, and the grains he gets through his ration card is also given away to families in need, "I give away because I don't need these supplies and my dharma (moral duties) will not allow me to sell it!"

Listening to Hiteshbhai's life events, the numerous stories I have read of princes turning into paupers came to life. While many never experience remorse for their wrongdoings, Hiteshbhai is repenting for his bad Karma. The almighty will surely forgive him for that; also, the blessings he has accumulated by taking such good care of his younger brother will help him seek forgiveness from the almighty.  

VSSM helps such elderly individuals in need by supporting a monthly ration kit and other expenses they incur. You can also choose to support such elderly till the time you wish to; your generosity will help us reach more such humans I need. Do reach out to us on 9099936019 for further assistance.

Grateful to our Harshad for finding deserving elderlies like Hiteshbhai and Alkeshbhai.

 'કરેલા કર્મ નડ્યા વગર નથી રહેતા.. વલ્લી મટકા રમાડતો ત્યારે લાખો કમાતો લોકોને છુટા હાથે મદદેય ઘણી કરી. પણ કેટલાયાના ઘર એ વખતે મારા આ ધંધાના લીધે ઉજડ્યા. તે હાલ જે ભોગવું એ એનું કર્મ. આમ તો વાણિયાનો દીકરો આવા કામોમાં કોઈ દી નો પડે. પણ મારી મતી ફરી ગયેલી તે....'

આટલું કહેતા હીતેશભાઈના ગળે ડૂમો ભરાયો.. એ ઘડીક ચુપ રહ્યા. હું એમની સામે બેઠેલી. એમની વાત સાંભળી મારે શું કહેવું એ મનેય ન સમજાયું. હું મૌન રહી ત્યાં એમણે સ્વસ્થતા કેળવી પાછુ કહ્યું, 

'જ્યારે ભયંકર બિમાર પડ્યો. ડાયાબીટીસ ખુબ વધ્યું, પગ કપાવવાનો વારો આવ્યો ત્યારે જાણે ભાન થઈ.. બધુ મુક્યું. માંગતા જે આવ્યા એ બધાને જે હતું તે બધુ આપ્યું. બસ હવે આ ખોખુ મારી પાસે છે ને આ મારો ભાઈ.'એમ કહીને પાસે બેઠેલ એમના નિજાનંદીભાઈને બતાવ્યા. 

અલ્કેશભાઈની માનસીક સ્થિતિ નબળી. એ હિતેશભાઈની આસપાસ જ રહે. બાળક કેવું માને વળગીને રહે અદ્લ એ રીતે. 

હીતેશભાઈ કહે, 'મારી પહેલાં આ જાય ને તો સારુ. એ વાંહે રહી જશે તો મારો જીવ હખેથી નહીં જાય.' બે ભાઈઓ વચ્ચે અદભૂત પ્રેમ.. 

આર્થિક સ્થિતિ બે ટંક પોત મેળે જમી શકે એવી નથી.વળી  કામ થઈ શકે એ સ્થિતિ પણ નથી. જૈન ભોજનશાળામાં જમવાનું મળે એ માટેની ગોઠવણ કોઈએ કરી આપેલી. પરિવારમાં બહેન, ભાણેજ વગેરે થાય તે નાની મોટી મદદ કરે છતાં તૂટો તો પડે. 

વળી ભોજનશાળામાં સાંજે ખીચડી, કઢી એવું આપે એમને ખીચડી ડાયાબીટીસના કારણે ખવાય નહીં. તે પોતાના ઘરની બાજુમાં આવેલી લોજમાં જઈને સાંજે પચાસ - સાહીઠ રૃપિયામાં શાક, પરોઠા લઈ આવે. પાછી બેઉ ભાઈઓની દવાઓ પણ ચાલે..

અમે મહિને 1400નો ટેકો કરતા. પણ સ્થિતિ જોઈને 2500નો ટેકો કરવાનું નક્કી કર્યું.. જ્યારે અમે કહ્યું કે આટલી રકમ ચાલશે. ત્યારે એમણે કહ્યું, 'વાણિયાનો દીકરો તો દેતો સારો લાગે આમ કોઈ પાહેથી માંગવું ગમે? પણ આટલું ઘણું..'

સુરેન્દ્રનગરના હીતેશભાઈએ પોતાના ઘરની સામે પક્ષીઓ માટે પાણી અને ચણની વ્યવસ્થા ગોઠવી છે. કોઈ સંસ્થા ગાયો માટે રોટલા આપે તે એ લઈ આવે ને ગાયોને આપે. એમની પાસે રાશકાર્ડ છે એ રાશનકાર્ડ પર મળતું અનાજ એ ગામના કોઈ દુઃખી વ્યક્તિને આપી દે છે. એ કહે, મારે એ ખપનું નથી ને વેચુ તો ધરમ લાજે... 

રાજાને રંક થતાનું વાર્તાઓમાં વાંચ્યુ હતું પણ હીતેશભાઈએ એમની જાહોજલાલીની વાતો કરી ત્યારે બધુ પ્રત્યક્ષ થયું ને ત્યાંથી હાલની સ્થિતિ પણ જોઈ...

ખેર દુનિયામાં ઘણા માણસો છે જેમને પોતે કરેલા સારા નરસાનું ભાન નથી જ્યારે હીતેશભાઈને તો ભારે પસ્તાવો છે એટલે એમના કર્મો ઈશ્વર ચોક્કસ માફ કરશે ને પાછી ભાઈની સેવા તો માની જેમ કરે એટલે એ તો મોટુ ભાથુ બાંધાયું...

અમે આવા નિરાધાર માવતરોને દર મહિને રાશન અથવા તેમનો નિભાવ ખર્ચ આપીયે.. તમે પણ આવા માવતરોને દત્તક લઈ શકો એ જીવે ત્યા સુધી સાચવી ને અથવા તમારી ક્ષમતા હોય ત્યાં સુધી સાચવીને... અમને એ ટેકો મોટો થશે. આ માટે સંપર્ક 9099936019 પર કરવા વિનંતી.. 

અમારા હર્ષદે હીતેશભાઈ, અલ્કેશભાઈને શોધી કાઢી આપ્યા આભાર દોસ્ત...

#MittalPatel #vssm


No comments:

Post a Comment