Friday, October 18, 2019

Mittal Patel talks about VSSM's work at Gujarat Vidhyapith hosted by the Social Work Department...

Mittal Patel spoke about VSSM's work
Gandhiji, my ideal !!

I wasn’t fortunate enough to be born in a Gandhian era but, could make up for that loss  by deciding to study in Gujarat Vidhyapith,  a university established by Gandhiji.

I had just finished my Masters in Journalism, M. Phil seemed lit  the next stop. It was  then that I had decided to pursue my M. Phil from Gujarat Vidhyapith.

The program had presence of professors and students
Today, I was at Vidhyapith to speak at ‘Nisbat’, a talk series hosted by the Social Work Department.

The program had presence of professors as well as students. I spoke about VSSM’s work with the nomadic and de-notified communities for over 2 hours.

It was a moment to be grateful for, to be given an opportunity to speak at the very institute that to an extent helped me plunge to take up the cause I have dedicated myself to!!
Mittal Patel spoke about VSSM's work
Mittal Patel with professors and students of Vidhyapith
 
Heartfelt thanks to Vidhyapith and Social Work Department.

ગાંધીજી..
મારા આદર્શ...
ગાંધીના સાનિધ્યમાં રહેવાનું તો નસીબ નહોતું પણ એમના પ્રત્યેના વિશેષ પ્રેમના લીધે ગાંધી સ્થાપીત #ગુજરાત_વિદ્યાપીઠમાં ભણવાનું નક્કી કર્યું.
પત્રકારત્વમાં માસ્ટર થઈ ગયું હતું હવે એમ. ફીલ બાકી હતું જે માટે ૨૦૦૮માં વિદ્યાપીઠમાં એડમીશન લીધું અને એમફીલ પૂરું કર્યું

આજે આજ વિદ્યાપીઠમાં 'નિસ્બત' કાર્યક્રમમાં વિચરતી જાતિઓ સાથે કરેલા કામોની વાત કરવા જવાનું થયું.
કાર્યક્રમમાં વિદ્યાર્થીગણ, અધ્યાપકગણ સૌ હાજર રહ્યા. બે કલાક સળંગ વિચરતી જાતિઓના કામોની વાત થઈ..
જ્યાં ભણ્યા હોઈએ, જેમણે ભણાવ્યા હોય તેમની સામે હાલમાં આપણે શું કરી રહ્યા છીએ તે કહેવા મળે તે ઘડી ધન્યતાની..

આભાર વિદ્યાપીઠ અને સમાજકાર્ય વિભાગ....

#MittalPatel #vssm #GujaratVidyapith #NomadicTribes



No comments:

Post a Comment