Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Our pranams to such altruistic souls like Devu Ma. And to all of you who support the Maavjat initiative...

Mittal Patel meets Devu Ma

"I have immense faith in God; he has always cared for me. I worked until my body was able and never begged for anything. It was only after I had difficulties with my health that I reluctantly stretched my hands for food. I always prayed for some help to come my way, and here you are! It feels like God sent me for you!"

Devu Ma from Banaskantha's Vav block is a staunch believer and immensely wise. She is also well-versed in religious and mythological scriptures. "Compassion is the foundation of all religions" is a phrase she keeps repeating.

Devu Ma has no one to look after her, VSSM provides her with a monthly ration kit, and she shares the food with her cat, dogs, and birds. "How would we feel if we had to remain hungry? These animals wait for food at my doorstep; I cannot refuse to feed them. They eat from their destined share."

VSSM provides monthly ration kits to 316 needy elderly under its Mavjat initiative.

Meeting such wise elders brings great joy, and many, like Devu Ma, always enlighten us. 

"I don't need anything extra," Devu Ma reiterates. As we walked out of her house,  Devu Ma's neighbor stopped us as she wanted us to witness Ma's selflessness. She brought some empty plastic bags from her home and handed them to Devu Ma. "I hope you have not filled them with food; I am getting enough," Devu Ma tells her. And we get to witness Devu Ma's selflessness.

Our pranams to such altruistic souls like Devu Ma. And to all of you who support the Maavjat initiative, your generosity enables us to reach such noble humans!

'મન ભગવોન પર ખુબ વિસવા. એ મારુ ખુબ ધ્યોન રાખ.. જો હુધી મારાથી થતું'તું તો હુદી મે કોય હોમે હાથ લોબો ના કર્યો. હાથ પગ કોમ કરતા બંધ થ્યા તાણ ગોમમોંથી થોડુ મોગી લાવતી. પણ એ ગમતુ નતુ. ભગવોનન રોજ આ મોગવાનું બંધ થાય એ હારુ પાર્થના કરતી. તે જુઓ ઈને તમન મેલ્યા...'

બનાસકાઠાના વાવના દેવુ માની ગજબ શ્રદ્ધા. ધર્મનું જ્ઞાન દેવુમાનું ખુબ ઊચુ. કેટલીયે ચોપાઈયો એમના મોંઢે. દયા ધરમકા મૂળ હૈ એ વાત એ વારે વારે બોલે ને એને પાછા એ માને પણ ખરા. 

પોતે નિરાધાર. અમે રાશન આપીયે એમાથીયે એ પોતાના આંગણે આવતા કૂતરા, બિલાડા અને પક્ષીઓને ચણ નાખે. એ કહે, 'આપણે ભૂસ્યા હોઈએ તો આપણન ચેવું થાય તો બચારુ કૂતરુ મારા ઓગણે રોટલો મલસે ઈમ વિચારીન આયુ હોય ઈન ઠાલુ ચમનુ મેલાય? ઈના નસીબનુ એ ખાય..

અમારો માવજત કાર્યક્રમ જેમાં અમે 316 બા-દાદાઓને સાચવીએ દર મહિને એમને રાશન આપીયે. આ બધાને મળીએ ત્યારે એક જુદો જ આનંદ થાય. વળી દેવુ મા જેવા તો આપણને ઘણું શીખવી જાય.

વધારાનું મન કોય ના જોવ એવું એ વારે વારે કહે, અમે એમને મળીને નીકળી રહ્યા હતા ત્યારે એમના પડોશીએ કહ્યું, 'દેવુમાનો નિસ્વાર્થ સમજવો હોય તો એક મીનીટ ઊભા ર્યો.' એમ કહીને એમણે પ્લાસ્ટીકની ખાલી કોથળીઓ બાને આપી. દેવુ માએ એમને કહ્યું, 'ખાવાનુ ભરેલી કોથળી ના આલતી. મને હવ મલહ્....'

વધારાનું લેવાની જરાય લાલચ નહીં.. એવા દેવુ માના ચરણોમાં વંદન. સાથે આવા માવતરોના નિભાવ ખર્ચમાં મદદ કરનાર સૌ સ્નેહીજનોનો આભાર. તમે આવા માવતરોના પાલક બની રહ્યા છો માટે જ આ કાર્ય આગળ વધી રહ્યુ છે. આપને પણ પ્રણામ...

#MittalPatel #vssm #માવજત #eldercare #માવતર #Banaskantha #Vav #socialchangemakers

No comments:

Post a Comment